Up to £55000.00 per annum + bonus and medical
25 days ago
Group Financial Accountant - Fintech - Central London - £55k + bonus + big company benefits
A global leader in the Fintech sector with HQ in London has a fantastic opportunity for a Group Financial Accountant based in their central London HQ.
A forward-thinking, modern organisation which strives to be ahead of their competitors holding an enviable position in the market and continued growth globally. They have a strong commitment to Corporate Responsibility in a nurturing, meritocratic environment. Due to an internal promotion this high-profile role has arisen, ideally suited for a recently qualified accountant with an Audit practice background.
This high profile role with visibility across all the finance teams within the organisation forms part of a small group financial reporting team of experienced qualified accountants, reporting directly to the Director of Group Reporting.
This is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a global market leader in one of the fastest growing sectors in the world, leading to excellent career opportunities.
Group Financial Accountant responsibilities:
- Management of Year end/half year processes
- Support for the month-end consolidation, including consolidation adjustments
- Support for preparation and booking of accounting step plans
- Responsible for maintenance of acquisition intangible and goodwill registers and amortisation postings
- Responsible for ensuring that the Group's financial accounting is compliant with GAAP
- Accounting policies and responsibility for updating the group accounting manual
- Support to the preparation of Audit Committee Papers on Key Accounting Matters
- Non-financial KPI projects
- Review of front half commentaries in the annual report
- Group Finance Controls over consolidation, year-end, half year processes and the balance sheet
- Provision of Key technical accounting advice to the divisions
- Plan and implement all future IFRS changes and embed IFRS 16 processes
- Impairment testing - goodwill and Intangible assets
- Statutory accounting review of key statutory accounts
- Balance sheet reporting and integrity from a Group Finance perspective
- Key stakeholder in consolidation systems structures and policies
- Ad Hoc projects including accounting for M&A activities and related integration work
What skills you will need to be successful in the Group FP&A Analyst role:
- Fully qualified accountant
- Strong technical IFRS knowledge and report writing skills
- Experience of large company accounts (from industry, or an accountancy/audit practice)
- Excellent stakeholder management with the gravitas to win the respect and confidence of colleagues and senior stakeholders