City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus
over 1 year ago
Group Financial Accountant
A fast growing, private equity backed investment company focused on the acquisition and development of speciality businesses, with a large portfolio of companies and over a dozen acquisitions in the pipeline, is looking to hire a Group Financial Accountant. With strong growth and a number of successful transactions, they are currently looking to expand the Group Finance team with a broad and high profile role reporting into the Group Financial Controller.
The role will give a recently qualified accountant the opportunity pursue a career in a rapidly growing and dynamic company and give them the opportunity to grow with the business and have a real impact. The role has a lot of breadth and will give the individual a vast amount of knowledge in both financial and management accounting, with exposure to senior stakeholders and clients.
The successful candidate will report into the Group Financial Controller and work closely with the CFO, Treasury Manager and the divisional finance teams and the portfolio businesses. They will also have regular contact with the executive management team and Partners, as well as the management teams of prospective targets and other stakeholders.
- Group consolidation including cashflow (monthly)
- Co-ordination of the group year-end process and audit
- Preparation and review of financial statements
- Acquisition accounting (including FV adjustments / calculation of goodwill / recognition of deferred and contingent liabilities)
- Assisting with the production of Group Management information (MI)
- Assisting in the production of the consolidated group budgets and forecasts.
- The candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified with experience from a recognised Accountancy Firm.
- Strong financial and analytical skills, as well as strong excel experience is required.
- Strong IFRS or FRS 102 knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- A hands-on, can do attitude with a desire to learn and develop is essential for this role!