I am exclusively partnered with a leading urban transport group that are looking to add a Group Finance Manager to their team. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a team and be responsible for leading the accounting function of a large PLC. The client will consider people looking to take their first step out of practice or if you a currently working in industry.
As the Group Finance Manager, you will ensure that all relevant teams prepare financial data under relevant reporting standards and business reporting requirements are met for this £250M+ business.
Aspects of the Role:
- Manage the Financial Accounting for a £280m business; Three Operating Companies and Two Holding Companies, including a Joint Venture
- Own the month end Accounting close and related reporting to Group through SAP
- Ensure and improve the control environment in conjunction with the Head of Finance
- Manage the AR and AP functions
- Own the control of the balance sheet
- Become the subject matter expert for the local accounting systems and related processes
- Manage a team of 4
- Support on the preparation and filing of all statutory returns: Statutory Accounts; Tax Returns
- Support on a variety of projects across the business: M&A, JV Management, System Upgrade and Implementation
- Report to the Head of Finance with close working relationship with the Head of FP&A
- Close liaison with Finance and Tax at the Parent Company
- Qualified Accountant
- 2+ years PqE
- Looking for a step-up in experience and could be a first time out of practice into Industry
- Excellent Excel and PPT skills
- Experience of using ERP systems
- Ability and eagerness to develop proficiency in the Accounting Systems: Agresso and SAP
- Candidate that likes autonomy and to develop the role
- The role will be a 'stepping-stone' to further development either in the UK or across the Group for the right candidate
I would welcome an opportunity to discuss the details with you at your convenience if you would be potentially interested?