Group Finance & Commercial Director (No.1/Board Position)
£100k - £110k + Package
London (+ Remote)
Cedar has been retained by a high growth SME to appoint a Group Finance & Commercial Director.
With vested interests across Property and Consumer Goods, this group is now seeking to strengthen its position within their existing sectors, as well as identifying opportunities to further expand the portfolio into new disruptive markets.
With existing operations being highly profitable, the business can reinvest capital to support a sustainable expansion strategy without necessarily the need for outside funding.
- Reporting to the Chairman, this is a Board position that will drive the strategic direction and growth of all group operations.
- Ownership for overall direction and execution of the group's short, medium, and long-term objectives.
- Guide and advise the Board on existing expansion plans.
- Develop business and investment cases for new ventures.
- Lead commercial reviews of all functions within the current portfolio and discover innovative ways of driving value through both sides of the P&Ls.
- Steer the Commercial Manager on Sales & Marketing targets, fine tuning those objectives and KPIs.
- Manage and model all existing and future commercial agreements.
- Efficiencies within the processing, warehousing, distribution, whether in-house or outsourced. Continually streamlining those operations.
- Full ownership of the day-to-day finance operations, including budgeting, forecasting, business intelligence, statutory accounting/reporting, banking and cash flow, VAT, Pension Scheme (closed scheme), loan book, lending reviews, audit, tax advisors, payroll.
- Review financial records and identify methods and processes to further automate labour intensive tasks.
What do we need?
- Qualified Accountant
- A broad skill set with an inherent understanding of how a growing SME should run efficiently
- An appetite to step into a true No.1 position