A Group Consolidation Accountant is sought by a global engineering & manufacturing plc who are a clear leader in the hi-tech markets in which they operate. The business has a long history of well-respected brands across a diverse range of products and is acquisitive, having won several major contracts over the past couple of years.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Group Consolidation Accountant ensures the timely production of high-quality consolidated group management accounts to the leadership team and Board. Specific responsibilities include:
- Run the monthly close; produce monthly group consolidated management accounts & analysis.
- Produce quarterly forecast group management accounts, annual budget and strategic forecasts.
- Review monthly financial submissions from operating businesses; liaise with their finance teams.
- Prepare monthly reporting financial packs and ad hoc information for the Head Office.
- Play a lead role in the testing / implementation of a new financial consolidation system.
- Work with / challenge operational and divisional CFOs to improve all management information.
- A range of ad hoc projects to support the needs of a growing and diverse Group.
NOTE: This role requires strong operational consolidations experience but not an expert in IFRS / technical accounting.
The ideal candidate for the position of Group Consolidation Accountant will:
- Be a qualified accountant (e.g. ACA / ACCA) with strong consolidation skills and relevant PQE.
- Enjoy managing their own workload, be organised and able to hit set deadlines.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail, integrity & an ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Seek a role that will challenge & motivate them whilst allowing them their own deliverables.
Salary: c. £55000 - £65000 + >15% bonus + 10% pension + benefits.