A Group Accounting Manager is sought by a global engineering & manufacturing plc who are a clear leader in the hi-tech markets in which they operate. The business has a long history of well-respected brands across a diverse range of products and is acquisitive, having won several major contracts over the past couple of years.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Group Accounting Manager will manage one person and ensure the timely production of high-quality consolidated financial statements to the Board and externally. Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee the production of the consolidated group accounts under IFRS at half year & year end including contributing to results announcements / updates & investor presentations.
- Lead the planning & preparation of the annual and interim external audit.
- Provide technical accounting support across the Group on BAU & potential new transactions.
- Review the monthly management accounts & Group forecast processes to ensure accuracy.
- Enhance & streamline the Group's accounting processes; develop systems and best practice.
- A range of ad hoc projects to support the needs of a growing and diverse Group.
The ideal candidate for the position of Group Accounting Manager will:
- Be a Big 4 trained qualified accountant with relevant PQE (who may still be working in practice or who could have already moved to industry).
- Possess strong consolidation & technical accounting skills and an interest in applying these.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail, integrity & an ability to summarise complex information.
- Enjoy frequent interaction with the CFO / Board and the intellectual challenges this offers.
Salary: c. £70000 - £80000 + >15% bonus + 10% pension + benefits.