£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
3 months ago
Group Accountant - London Zone 1 - Technology sector
This successful and established Smart Technology business is backed by a global Private Equity firm; with a strong brand in the market they now have a presence across Europe, the USA and Asia.
The Group Accountant will form part of a group finance team of 10, and report into a very experienced and fast-tracked Group CFO who will mentor and develop you as you take on increasing responsibility and exposure to senior stakeholders within this PE backed business.
In this high-profile role you will work closely with other members of the team for both board and external reporting requirements as well special projects, but be given the autonomy and trust to manage your own work in a flexible work environment.
This hands-on role will work closely with various teams across Finance both in the UK and internationally, have exposure to external stakeholders, and will give you the experienced needed for a career in other PE backed business environments.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Consolidation of Group Cash Flow monthly and Group consolidation of income statement and balance sheet
- Manage reporting on business performance and other matters to the Board and Audit Committee of the private equity owners
- Preparation of Full Year external reporting requirements and assistance with preparation of reporting requirements to the Banks and private equity firm
- Preparation of Group's external reporting requirements
- Preparation of notes and / or primary statements for the Group annual external consolidated financial statements
- Financial accounting and reporting of the Group's intermediary holding companies
- Take the lead on key accounting projects such as IFRS 16
- Support the financial reporting integration of acquisitions and the accounting for disposal of businesses
- Review and reporting of the Group's P&L exceptional items
- Maintain and improve the Group's financial control environment
- Provision of technical accounting expertise throughout the Group, including ownership of, and adherence to, the Group Accounting Manual
What you might need to be successful in this role:
- ACA Qualified Accountant
- Knowledge of financial reporting under IFRS and FRS 101
- Experience working with international organisations and complex businesses
- PE experience would be an advantageous but is not essential
- The ability to interact with senior stakeholders and present financial information to senior members of the team
- Most important is the willingness to learn and build relationships across the business, with key stakeholders both in finance and non-finance.