Cedar is currently in partnership with a prestigious global FMCG business based in The City of London. We are aiding them in their search for a highly skilled Group Accountant. This exciting position offers a competitive annual salary ranging from £65,000 to £70,000, along with an enticing benefits package.
Our client is at the forefront of innovative agricultural products, dedicated to addressing worldwide challenges in food security and climate change. They collaborate with forward-thinkers, offering financial and developmental expertise to create sustainable solutions. Their diverse portfolio, covering bio-stimulants and agritech, contributes to enhancing the sustainability and profitability of agriculture while minimising environmental impact.
As Group Accountant, you will be responsible for preparing comprehensive group financial reports, delivering insights through analysis, engaging with shareholders, and collaborating with local finance teams. Contribute to board meetings and optimise subsidiary performance. Enhance financial systems, support new acquisitions, and play a vital role in the year-end audit.
Your responsibilities will encompass:
- Preparation of group reporting packs (P&L, BS) for monthly, quarterly, and yearly group consolidation statements, including intercompany reconciliations.
- Reporting actual P&L and Balance Sheet results, and comparing them to budget and forecasts.
- Submission of results to shareholders and handling any related queries.
- Creation of the Group Business Plan, covering forecasting, budgeting, and planning. You will also be responsible for reviewing individual subsidiary/branch operating company business plans.
- Offering support for the integration of new acquisitions and territories and developing the necessary reporting for these additions.
- Assisting with the year-end group audit in collaboration with external auditors.
- Providing support for various projects within the finance team.
To excel in this role, you should ideally possess:
- A recognised accountancy qualification (e.g., ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Experience in group consolidation, P&L and Balance Sheet preparation, and budget comparisons.
- Proficiency in financial software and Excel, as well as strong data analysis skills.
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility for adapting to various period-ends, along with a commitment to a 15-18 month contract.
- A commercial mindset and an eagerness to stay updated with accounting standards.
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, the Group Accountant role offers the opportunity to work with a passionate and highly skilled team at the forefront of their industry. You'll collaborate closely with senior leadership and enjoy the benefits of a progressive hybrid work approach, including two days a week in The City of London, providing a balanced and flexible work environment.