A Group Accountant is sought by a growing, acquisitive division of a global financial services business. Widely recognised as one of the UK's most trusted finance providers, they have recently acquired a multi-entity European competitor and are keen to add other business too.
This newly created Group Accountant role reports to the Group Financial Controller and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare month-end UK Group (multi-currency) consolidation.
- Ensure all intercompany eliminations / consolidation adjustments are processed accurately.
- Liaise with subsidiary finance teams to ensure all returns are completed timely and accurately.
- Prepare month, quarter & year end additional reporting disclosure schedules for parent company.
- Report and analyse monthly foreign exchange movements and support cash-flow forecasting.
- Enhance existing month end reporting processes and implement improvements where possible.
- Develop the capabilities of the Oracle Fusion system and enhance, where possible, report writing.
Candidates for the position of Group Accountant will:
- Be fully qualified accountants (ACA preferred and from a Top 30 firm audit background).
- Have experience of preparing and / or auditing multi-currency group consolidations.
- Possess a working knowledge of IFRS and interest in developing systems.
- Desire a full flexible role that can offer broad exposure as the company continues to grow.
Salary: £55000 - £60000 + £5000 car allowance and excellent benefits.