Group Accountant - Education - Central London - £55-60k + 10% bonus
An incredibly successful PE backed multi-site international business in the education space with rapid growth has created a new opportunity for a Group Accountant covering both financial and management reporting.
This exceptionally successful leading business is just over 7 years old and has already grown both organically and through incredibly successful acquisitions, to annual revenues in excess of £500m. With plans to IPO in the next few years there is a real opportunity to get a variety of experience as the business continues to grow rapidly and invest internally - growing the finance team and creating new opportunities for progression.
This new role will support the business during a time of heavy investment into the business and finance function, and help create a solid financial & management reporting function fit for a leading multinational business. The role supports key members of the senior leadership team including the Group FC, Heads of Finance and CFO, and give an individual real ownership and a high profile in Finance with real opportunities for career development.
Summary of key responsibilities:
Financial & Management Reporting
- Review and consolidation of month end Group submissions, including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow Statement, KPIs
- Review and consolidation of year end reporting packages and supporting schedules, liaison with subsidiary finance teams to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Preparation of Annual Group Consolidated Accounts in accordance with IFRS, including Notes to the Accounts
- Preparation of UK holding company subsidiary accounts in accordance with FRS 101
- Operation and annual update of Transfer pricing (management fees, intracompany debt) calculations
- Management of Intercompany reporting
- Support further reporting enhancement projects and process improvement initiatives
- Ensure open communication between Head Office and local finance teams to ensure smooth month end and annual reporting and timely resolution of issues
- Support initiatives to ensure appropriate financial controls are in place across the Group
- Support the implementation of consistent balance sheet review and reconciliation processes and procedures across the Group
- Ensure the business is compliant with all Inspired financial policies and procedures
To be successful in this role you will need:
- An accountancy qualification ACA/ACCA
- Strong commercial acumen and financial analysis skills
- Knowledge of financial controls and management reporting including IFRS from either industry or practice
- A proactive attitude and someone who can hold their own with senior stakeholders