Group Accountant - High-growth Tech - £55-60k + 15% bonus - Central London
Cedar are working exclusively with one of the fastest growing Tech businesses in one the fastest growing industries to recruit a phenomenal Group Accountant. The business is Headquartered in central London and is currently the market leader locally and count Amazon and Microsoft as clients.
This new Group Accountant role was created to support the huge growth and profitability for the business, working in a growing Financial & Management Reporting & Control team of 8, reporting directly into an impressive and hugely experienced Head of Finance, and aiding in providing accurate and timely financial and non-financial information and analysis to the Company's parent and stakeholders.
This broad, high-profile role with exposure to senior stakeholders across the business and externally, will expose you to several projects and give you exposure to the full spectrum of financial and management reporting.
This is a great first move out of practice for a candidate with strong commercial acumen, analytical and presentation skills, who is looking to fast-track their career in a highly secure and growing industry.
The Group Accountant responsibilities:
- Quarterly consolidation and preparation of the group reporting pack
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts under IFRS
- Technical reporting and understanding of the relevant IFRS and accounting pronouncements for the Group
- Quarterly bank covenant reporting
- Financial planning and analysis (consolidated budgets, forecast and other reports)
- Working with the cost manager to monitor fixed asset additions, disposals and depreciation
- Working with the parent company group function for any other reporting requirements and ad hoc requests
- Assisting the management accounts team in aspects of the month end close (balance sheet reconciliations, month end journal entries like interest, depreciation, etc)
- Review of accounting policies and procedures including internal controls
- Liaison and coordination with the external auditors, tax advisors and internal auditors
Experience you will need to be successful in this role:
- Qualified accountant from a top-tier accountancy firm, ideally Assistant Manager grade or above
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, up to date with the latest accounting standards under IFRS
- Strong communication skills and able to influence senior stakeholders
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Salary - £55-60,000
- Bonus - 15%
- Health + Life Insurance
- Cycle Scheme + Childcare Vouchers
- 25 Days Holiday
- Sociable work environment with team and work fun days out the office