Global Technical Accounting Manager - Music & Entertainment - Central London
c.90k + bonus + excellent perks & benefits + flexible working
Cedar have been retained by one of the biggest global brands in the Media & Entertainment world to find a Global Technical Accounting Manager.
With a >£30Bn market cap and growing, this business has been a dominant figure in their industry for decades and their Media has touched the lives of probably everyone on Earth. Following strong earnings and a recent IPO … the business has created a new high-profile role for a Global Technical Accounting Manager to join the team in the London HQ.
The Global Financial team is responsible for: the global operating company results under IFRS; publishing the Group's results, financial statements and reports externally and to the market; review of both the group and operating companies' financial results; providing management with analysis and presentations on both group financial reporting and the operating results. The team also closely support the Group CFO and Board, and provides assistance to the Heads of Finance across their operating companies.
The business has incredibly strong staff retention - with most of the leadership team having progressed through multiple roles over many years, and there is a genuine opportunity for long-term progression through all areas of finance through to SVP positions above, and even internationally.
About the role:
- As the Global Technical Accounting Manager within the team, a key part of the role will be leading on the financial reporting of pensions. This will include managing the relationship with the actuaries, communicating the pension reporting to the operating companies, ensuring that the financially reported numbers are correct and taking the auditors through the results.
- Own the development and maintenance of KPIs for financial reporting of pensions.
- Be responsible for supporting the Global Finance team on specific technical accounting processes and projects such as: working with Group Treasury to obtain appropriate discount rates for use in IFRS16 accounting for leases; migration of IFRS16 leases to a new reporting system; accounting entries and reconciliations for new IFRS2 equity plans.
- Provide additional off-cycle support to Senior Directors of Finance and VP, Global Financial Reporting and Analysis, as well as the CFO
Essential skills needed to be successful in this role:
- ACA/CA/CPA qualified
- Experience either from a professional services firm, or within industry with ownership of pension reporting
- A strong communicator, comfortable influencing stakeholders of all levels up to Director level
- An interest in the Music or Entertainment space, with an enthusiasm to work in the industry
- Experience in financial reporting pension requirements, specifically IAS19 is highly useful!
*A full detailed job description will be provided upon successful application for the role.