City of London, London
£60000 - £72000.00 per annum + 30% bonus + top tier benefits
5 months ago
Global Tax Analyst (FTSE 100 FMCG)
City of London
A leading FTSE 100 FMCG business in the City has a brilliant opportunity for a Global Tax Analyst for their UK business.
They have an awesome culture, dress down environment (think Jeans and T-shirt), and a private rooftop bar overlooking the City, this really is an awesome place to work!
This role will drive process improvements, finding creative solutions to solve problems and having the autonomy to make decisions on how to create and present information.
Purpose of the role:
Supporting the UK Global Controller and the Head of Tax for direct and indirect tax planning, administration and compliance activities for all Global HQ companies of the group within the UK.
Responsible for increasing the efficiency and internal control environment in the direct and indirect tax area in UK, and supporting local accounting activities for the UK based group holding companies.
- Support tax planning and optimization projects in order to increase efficiency in direct and indirect taxes in the UK group companies.
- Monitor compliance against global tax risk management policies
- Work in a quickly changing environment, i.e. legislative changes and communication to/requirements from the tax authorities
- Constantly balancing the search for new improved ways of working together with the sustained implementation of agreed ways of working
- Align different departments (finance, legal, supply, logistics, procurement and sales) to streamline the corporate income tax and VAT processes within the company
- Ensure full flexibility within the team to meet existing and future business needs.
- Ensure full compliance of administration and reporting of direct & indirect taxes (income tax, VAT, etc.) and that all tax payments are submitted within the prescribed timeframe
- Monitor changes in the tax legislation related to corporate income tax and VAT that could have an impact on the UK group companies. Manage the introduction of these changes throughout the business
- Act as contact person for tax impact assessment of business decisions
- Coordinate, facilitate and host internal and external tax reviews and audits
- ACCA/ACA or CTA qualified
- Strong Tax Compliance experience with large businesses
- Strong knowledge of Direct / Indirect tax
30% bonus and loads of perks likes apple products, free company products, dental, health, gadget & travel insurance and large pension contributions.