GERMAN SPEAKING ACCOUNTS PAYABLE OFFICER
SALARY - £35,000
6 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT - IMMEDIATE START
HYBRID ROLE - LONDON OFFICE/HOME WORKING
BEAUTY AND TOILETRIES - FMCG
Are you a German speaking Accounts Payable Officer, looking to work for a luxury toiletries and beauty company? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity to join a creative and dynamic organisation, where you will be truly valued.
The role will support the Central Europe function and be responsible for the processing and payment of supplier invoices, administration of corporate credit cards including monthly reconciliations, entering and payment of employee reimbursements and maintenance of the petty cash process for offices and group of stores. These tasks will be managed directly from the London Office using the organisations cloud-based ERP system (NetSuite).
This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in accounting or who has already taken early steps in this direction.
Offered initially as a 6 month contract, however, this is very likely to be extended and there could also be the possibility for the position to become permanent.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Ensure invoices and journals are booked correctly, following local GAAP and IFRS.
- Co-ordinate the approval of all invoices, ensuring that company policy around approval limits are followed.
- Preparation of payment batches in line with finance calendar.
- Maintain internal company credit card process for Central Europe.
- Administer retail petty cash process including, entering approved retail and head office petty cash reimbursements into the accounting system and making payments, as well as ensuring that each store maintains an up to date reconciliation of the petty cash balance.
- Support with weekly and monthly bank reconciliation processes.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate process documentation for each
- Ensure all intercompany recharges are recorded and liaise with the other subsidiaries to resolve any variances.
- Primary point of contact to external suppliers for resolving payment queries.
- Assist colleagues with queries regarding GL coding, as well as other ad hoc duties as required.
- area of the role. These should be updated and improved as systems and requirements change.
- Fluent English and German language skills are required for this role.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in one or more of the following degrees: Business, Accounting, Finance Commerce or similar is preferred.
- Prior accounts payable or administrative accounts experience is required.
- Experience in the retail sector is preferred.
- An ability to proactively identify and escalate issues and process improvements together with a good eye for detail.
- Hands-on, practical problem solving and process improvement skills and ability to complete tasks within set timeframes.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Comfortable working within an open-plan and curated working environment, with an enthusiasm to adapt and embrace the established norms, values and etiquette of the business.
- Prior exposure to NetSuite or other ERP systems and retail POS systems would be helpful.