Cedar are currently looking for a French Speaking Payroll Officer to join a fast growing retail company on an interim basis.
Duration: 9 months Maternity cover
Location: West End London or Paris
Report into: Head of Payroll
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Hybrid: 2 days in the office per week
The Payroll Officer is responsible for ensuring all payrolls are delivered timely, accurately, and in compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements for the South European markets, specifically but not limited to (Belgium, France, Netherlands).
- Processing of payroll using the payroll vendor templates and ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all payroll cycles.
- Manage payroll inputs related to base pay, disability and leaves, time & attendance work schedule changes, timesheet extraction of scheduled hours in addition to CP and RTT.
- Management of all new hires onboarding documents, employee lifecycle changes such as leavers (final pay, severance), position and pay changes, one-time or re-occurring payment processing via third party payroll providers.
- You will also be required to work on more complicated and/or sensitive transactions.
- Prepare calculations on a monthly basis of regional Commission scheme and other compensation elements. Prepare and maintain monthly and quarterly payroll accruals.
- Collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders (People Services, HR Partners, Retail Commercial Managers and Payroll vendors) to ensure processing accuracy and data integrity.
- Provide assistance to the Head of Payroll for Europe and wider Payroll Team with European internal / external projects - Transformation, etc.
- Oversee and maintain a well-organized and timely filing process for payroll records and other related documentation.
- Oral and written fluency in both French and English is essential for this role.
- A minimum of 3 years Payroll experience within the Southern Europe markets
- Advanced excel skills
- Customer focused with ability to deliver high quality services on time.
- Strong communication skills, and capable of liaising with key stakeholders of all levels within the business.
- A solution focused problem solver with an exceptional eye for detail as well as a proactive and methodical approach to work
- Ability to adapt to change and to thrive in a fast-paced retail environment
If this role is of interest, please apply online ASAP.