£65000 - £75000.00 per annum + 15% bonus, excellent benefits
3 months ago
A globally recognised, FTSE 250 business is seeking a Finance Manager to join a £600M turnover division, based in their HQ in central London.
This market leader has experienced consistent and positive change over the last few years and continues to invest significant funds into external growth and internal improvements. A forward-thinking organisation which strives to be ahead of their competitors.
The FP&A team is a well-respected, high calibre unit that plays a pivotal role in guiding local and regional performance, driving insight and understanding of the business profitability to the senior leadership team. The team is multi-cultural and gender-balanced, with a nurturing, friendly team dynamic.
As the Finance Manager you will own the budgeting, forecasting and 3 year plan for the business unit (BU), delivering robust divisional forecasts and budgets for Senior Management, directly supporting the operations of the business.
You will work closely with the Divisional FD and FC and also supervise a junior analyst. This role works closely with other finance teams, the CFO and the operations. In this large multinational business, there are various other finance teams within the head office, covering multiple business units, so there will be significant opportunities for career progression both in the BU but also into other teams whether your aspirations be commercial, contract or group finance.
Main responsibilities for the Finance Manager role:
Divisional Annual budget, Forecast and Strategic Plan process:
- Setting timetable and instructions for the budget, formal reforecasts and 3 year strategic plan to ensure the division meets the Group requirements and deadlines
- Liaise closely with BU finance teams on instruction/templates/questions relating to delivery of the budget, forecasts and strategic plan
- Reviewing/challenging and understanding BU budgets including identifying key drivers, savings/efficiencies, risks and opportunities
- Preparation of detailed and varied budget analysis pack for Divisional management reviews (FD and CEO)
- Dealing with any adhoc Group questions/requirements
- Capex reporting
- Prepare the monthly rolling forecast including detailed risks and opportunities for divisional management including liaising with BU Finance, collection of data, preparation of analysis for management review
- Assist with informal forecast/quarterly update requests from Group finance
- Reviewing/challenging and understanding actuals/variances including identifying anomalies, risks and opportunities and tracking against latest outlook
- Preparing key reports analysing contract profitability and identification of potentially onerous contracts
- Tracking any major restructuring programmes against the approved business case
Experience requirements for Finance Manager role:
- ACA qualified accountant with PQE and industry experience
- FP&A or Group Reporting experience in a large company
- Evident career progression with a strong academic background
- Good attention to detail as well as ability to see the 'big picture'
- Strong ethical and professional values is key!
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to win the respect and trust of colleagues and customers