I am exclusively recruiting an FP&A Manager for a truly exciting (and very well backed) start-up that has pioneered and perfected new technology to recycle waste from a key part of almost all manufacturing processes at scale for the first time. They are creating a global infrastructure that will have the capacity to recycle 1,000,000 tonnes of waste by 2025 and this is a wonderful opportunity to join a unique business.
The role of FP&A Manager has been newly created and is a stand alone role that will report into the Head of Finance. Working closely across all functional areas of the business, your duties will include:
- Managing the financial aspects of strategic planning, annual operating plan / budget, rolling 12-month financial forecasting and the 5 year plan.
- Provide analysis on gross profit & operating expenses to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Deliver data led analysis that provides insight that optimises long-term revenue growth and supports related strategic initiatives (both ad hoc analytics and on-going reporting / infrastructure).
- Business case preparation on investments and follow up analysis of variances from expectations.
- Support the assessment of ROI and P&L impact of opportunistic market entries, acquisitions, asset purchases, workforce growth, strategic partnerships, etc.
- Integrate the company's financial budgets and forecasts into the long-term financial models and ensure consistency with financial budgets and forecasts.
- A range of ad hoc projects as the business continues to scale and grow.
The ideal candidate for the position of FP&A Manager will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) who possesses at least 2 years FP&A experience.
- Demonstrate a real self-starting attitude and be someone who is happy be 'in the weeds'.
- Enjoy developing new analytical tools that can drive ever more effective decision making.
- Possess the gravitas to present at Board level and shape strategic thinking.
- Be looking to grow a team as the business scales and take on further responsibilities.
Salary: £75000 - £80000 + bonus + options + benefits