I am exclusively partnered with a leading international transport group who have created a brand new role and are now looking to add FP&A Manager to head up their planning and forecasting team
As the FP&A Manager you will be actively involved in key, strategic and commercial decision making for the group. You will champion financial planning & analysis that will contribute to commercial decisions whilst taking ownership for the budgeting & forecasting, playing a crucial role in providing insightful analysis of financial and non-financial KPI's.
The FP&A Manager will help to deliver analysis across the groups performance, helping to produce visual reports and present the story behind commercial results, identifying risks & trends for current and future performance. You will be fantastic at using visualisation tools to build accurate analysis and reports for key stakeholders across the business. Your savvy communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, will help you to influence seniors whilst providing commercial insight through complex financial models. You will play a key role on the Investment Board working with multiple teams to present clear commercial business cases that play significant deliverables for the group's forward thinking future.
- Provision of in-depth, accurate and timely analysis of all aspects of the business (staffing, engineering, fuel etc) to help in performance improvement and the day to day running of the business
- Provision of accurate rates to enable the highly accurate and profitable tendering of new routes
- Provision of ad hoc information for special projects (as required).
- The fundamental purpose of the role is to lead the improvement of profitability of the business through the elegant provision of accurate, timely and relevant financial information.
- An ability to create simple messages out of masses of data is critical in communicating the message to non-finance staff.
- In addition to standard monthly reporting the individual is required to provide inputs for the annual budgeting process, the quarterly forecasting, the updating of the long term 7-year plan.
- As a critical workstream the incumbent must ensure that all costs and rates used for tendering are completely up to date to ensure the commercial position in tendering submissions is optimised.
- Degree educated, ideally 2:1
- Accountancy qualification - ACA / ACCA or CIMA.
- Advanced MS Excel skills - ability to handle large spreadsheets with automated features
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Must be able to work with precision and accuracy
- Able to handle large volumes of data and simplify the output (and not create complexity)
- Natural ability to communicate at all levels - board level, senior management and in the office
- Able to attend in the office three days week.