£50000 - £55000.00 per annum + 10% bonus and excellent benefits
5 months ago
Group FP&A Analyst (FTSE 100 Media) - Central London
A global FTSE 100 Media & Events business has a fantastic opportunity for a recently qualified Finance Analyst role based in their HQ in central London.
A forward-thinking, modern organisation which strives to be ahead of their competitors holding an enviable position in the market and continued growth globally with 150 offices in close to 50 countries. They have a strong commitment to Corporate Responsibility in a nurturing, meritocratic environment. Following a successful acquisition last year the business is now the leading player in their field and has increased their presence globally.
This high profile role with visibility across the organisation forms part of a small team of strong qualified commercial accountants who are responsible for financial analysis, budgeting and planning, and ensuring the high quality of analysis and information for reporting purposes and delivery of financial planning advice and support to the wider Group and several divisions.
This is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career in a globally recognised brand where you can build a long and fruitful career.
This is a broad role, but a summary of responsibilities below:
- Support the Finance Manager in co-ordinating with the Divisions their input into Group Business Planning (Business Plan, Budget and Forecasting), including appropriate analysis, assumptions, reporting and commentary
- Provide the necessary information and analysis to support the presentation of information to the market and investors, where necessary
- Monitoring performance, risks, opportunities, initiatives and trends within the business
- Develop/define operational performance measurement metrics
- Support Finance Manager in writing the monthly Flash Report to the CFO/CEO
- Support the Finance Manager in providing the appropriate reporting, analysis and commentary in Monthly Trading reports
- Help prepare, calculate and validate (with M&A team) the completeness and accuracy of underlying adjustments for prior year and budget comparatives
- Support in the analysis and reporting of group synergies and exceptional costs
- Support in producing the Group Monthly Trading report (MTR), including the production of key tables and charts and clear and insightful commentary.
- Create the Group Flash report monthly and work with the FP&A team to obtain concise and insightful commentary
- Deputise for the other Finance Analyst and the Finance Managers when necessary
What skills you will need to be successful in the Group FP&A Analyst role:
- Fully qualified accountant ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Strong Excel and analytical skills from industry or practice
- Attention to detail as well as the ability to connect the dots and identify business trends and opportunities
- Excellent stakeholder management with the gravitas to win the respect and confidence of colleagues and senior stakeholders both finance and non-finance