£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus + 10% pension + bens
7 months ago
An FP&A Accountant is wanted by a >£400m division of a particularly high-growth P/E backed insurance company. Established around 25 years ago, both the division and group have grown quickly (both organically and by acquisition) to form a market leading business with a truly global presence. The company is well backed and plans to continue their expansion; this is therefore a wonderful opportunity to join them.
The newly created position of FP&A Accountant will support the forthcoming merger of two brands and will help to continually improve financial performance and decision-making. Reporting to the Head of FP&A, duties include:
- Provide high quality and timely advice, information, analysis, reporting and interpretation to support effective decision making and performance management.
- Understand the drivers of business performance; identify trends & areas of opportunity - suggest remedial action and influence the implementation of initiatives to make improvements where possible.
- Lead Head Office and other business units in the setting of annual budgets and mid-year forecasts.
- Produce regular and ad hoc finance packs including commentary / analysis.
- Support the improvement of management reporting and analysis.
- A raft of ad hoc projects to support a growing business.
The ideal candidate for the role of FP&A Accountant will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) who may have qualified in either commerce or practice.
- Have gained exposure to a growing international business (insurance experience would be a small bonus).
- Possess strong Excel and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail, the ability to constantly innovate and a self-starting attitude.
- Wish to take advantage of the significant opportunities that exist for candidates to progress.