Financial Reporting Manager
£75,000 + excellent benefits
London 2 days + WFH hybrid
(role could also be based Northeast Surrey if candidate prefers)
Multi-billion revenue market leader
This acquisitive, multi-billion revenue Group operates across multiple international territories and provides a range of critical services that touch on many people's lives.
It is now seeking to recruit a talented chartered accountant who can play a key role in the financial reporting of a sizeable, successful and growing division.
The role includes:
Regional Annual budget and strategic plan process:
- Partner the BU finance teams on instruction/templates/questions relating to delivery of the budget and strategic plan
- Reviewing/challenging and understanding BU budgets including identifying key drivers, savings/efficiency's, risks and opportunities
- Preparation of detailed and varied budget analysis for Regional management reviews
- Preparation of reporting packs for Group Finance and dealing with any adhoc Group questions/requirements
- Capex reporting
- Assist with informal forecast/quarterly updates including liaising with BU Finance, collection of data, preparation of analysis for management review
- Understanding data and how it impacts overall region/outlooks and PIPs preparation
- Preparation of reporting packs for Group/ Regional senior management
- Partnering with various stakeholders around monthly reporting requirements and preparation of required templates/packs
- Consolidate Flash reports for the business (WD3) documenting key variances against budget/forecast.
- Assisting the consolidation of the monthly actual reporting (WD6) including ensuring BU Finance meet reporting deadlines, understanding and validating the data ensuring accuracy and integrity
- Reviewing/challenging and understanding actuals/variances including identifying anomalies, risks and opportunities and tracking against outlooks/PIPs (Profit Improvement Plans)
- Preparation of monthly reporting packs and financial analysis for Regional management and Group Finance team.
- Analysis of aged accrued income and aged debt to ensure Group policy on provisioning is being adhered to and understanding how these will be collected
- Maintain track of provision movements and restructuring
- Capex Reporting
Control and Compliance
- Preparation of key documents for the quarterly RRAC
- Plan and monitor completion of annual balance review programme by the Regional team
- Maintain action tracker and ensure close out of actions on a timely basis.
- Coordinate and monitor audit and control failure findings, to ensure they are remediated
- Resolve technical accounting queries from various stakeholders
- Key role in implementation of new accounting standards including education of the wider business on the impact as necessary.
Chartered accountant with at least 1 year of industry experience from a large company (flex on sector)
- Strong technical ability with experience of concluding on technical accounting matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to win the respect and trust of colleagues and customers
- Good attention to detail as well as ability to see the 'big picture'
- Ability to communicate well including strong written and presentation skills
- Well organised with the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Highly conscientious and self-motivated with a flexible approach to demands of the role
- Strong ethical and professional values
- Systems literacy: desire/ability to harness IT systems to provide/improve MI
- Strong systems skills - working knowledge of SAP and BPC would be an advantage but not essential