Following several successful acquisitions, my client a leading SaaS business, is seeking to further expand its global finance function by appointing a Financial Controller primarily focused on supporting sales through robust revenue recognition.
- Ownership of the Group revenue recognition accounting policies, regularly updating to reflect evolving and best practice.
- Development of comprehensive SaaS revenue accounting policies, internal controls, and processes to manage revenue recorded.
- Training and support for all regional Finance and Shared Service Centre staff on revenue recognition accounting.
- Preparation of quarterly Audit Committee documentation on significant contracts signed, accounting policy and control updates
- Supporting revenue recognition accounting on significant and complex contracts, including liaison with internal stakeholders.
- Contact for external and internal audit reviews on significant contracts, accounting policies and controls
- Supporting on the preparation of a sales commercial policy ensuring accounting implications are understood.
- Advising and implementing improvements to revenue recognition systems, processes, and the internal control environment, including over revenue-related alternative performance measures based
- Management of standalone selling price studies for all performance obligations under revenue recognition including Licenced Software, SaaS, Hosting, Maintenance, Services and Developments
- Numerous opportunities to get involved in ad hoc projects within the commercial finance team in a dynamic, growing business.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA), Big 4 qualified preferable
- Strong understanding of IFRS 15 accounting standard and its application within the software industry. Recent experience of SaaS revenue accounting desired.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to organise and prioritise competing tasks
- Fast and responsive with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels