Up to £100000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package
6 months ago
A Financial Controller - Revenue is required for a rapidly growing, international challenger brand that is revolutionising the market. The business is growing organically and will soon have operations in over a dozen EMEA countries.
This is a newly created role for a revenue specialist to work as the lead advisor on all initiatives affecting revenue reporting, providing insight, analytics and challenge to all commercial assumptions. In addition you will support the Group Financial Controller by establishing and embedding reporting frameworks to develop best in class reporting processes for monthly internal management and statutory purposes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Full ownership of the EMEA revenue accounting and revenue recognition function, from a strategic and day-to-day perspective - covering all associated systems, processes and technical accounting matters
- Developing and implementing a revenue accounting framework, ensuring appropriate structures are in place to service the business in accordance with ASC 606 and IFRS 15
- Maintaining EMEA-wide revenue accounting policies and procedures, and drive continuous improvement and efficiencies
- Identifing and assessing the impact on revenue accounting, and implement business process changes as necessary to ensure continued compliance with IFRS and US GAAP accounting standards and revenue initiatives
- Providing technical support on all revenue related matters, engaging with the business to provide revenue recognition compliant solutions focussed on pricing and promotions
- Working closely with the Accounts Receivable team and Shared Service Centre to ensure deliverables and expectations relating to the revenue area are met
The successful candidate will be a hands-on, qualified Chartered Accountant, with a strong technical reporting background and with demonstrable revenue accounting expertise in a product-oriented international environment. A strong working knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP reporting standards is essential, in particular IFRS 15 and ASC 606.
With outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, you will have the ability to interact with and develop working relationships internally and cross-functionally. You will possess the visible credibility and gravitas to challenge and influence and will thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.