PE backed, rapid growth company
c£80,000 + bonus & benefits
Chelmsford (includes hybrid working)
Fast-growth, highly successful and award winning Business Services company which has recently gone through its first round of PE investment.
To support the ongoing growth and development of this dynamic business, the role of Financial Controller has been created to drive high-quality accounting, control, processes and reporting. You will be joining the business at an exciting stage in its journey, with the opportunity to stamp your mark on the team, processes, and systems as you help develop the function.
Reporting to the CFO and managing a team of 6, the role includes:
- Leading, growing and developing Accounting, Reporting and FP&A to ensure the right mix of skills to address the business' evolving requirements;
- Working closely with the CFO to grow and develop the finance function in line with the fast growth and maturing requirements of the business;
- Identifying and implementing improvements to reporting, systems, processes, and controls;
- Key stakeholder reporting to the board and department heads, including KPIs and insightful analysis to assist with decision-making and budgetary control;
- Assisting with budgeting and business planning;
- Overseeing cash flow management and further developing cash forecasting.
- Managing the audit and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements;
- A key stakeholder involved in the implementation of a new accounting system
- Accounting support for future corporate transactions, i.e. M&A activity and further fund raising
Experience and skills:
- You will be a qualified accountant, ambitious, dynamic, motivated, innovative, and capable of adapting with a fast-developing work environment
- In-depth technical accounting knowledge & strong systems ability including the building of financial models
- Commercially aware and a strategic thinker who can challenge decisions and acts as a sounding board for the Finance team and the business
- Demonstrable experience of coaching individuals to improved performance
- Experience of working within a private equity owned business would be a benefit though not essential