£75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + 25% bonus + excellent benefits
28 days ago
A Financial Controller - Operations is sought by a leading, globally recognised entertainment company. They work with some of the biggest names in their industry and the company own the rights to significant bodies of other entertainment spanning various genres. It is highly likely that you will hear see or hear their productions on a weekly if not daily basis.
The Financial Controller - Operations reports into the Financial Director (who reports into the CFO). The role of Financial Controller - Operations is crucial to ensuring the smooth day-to-day financial management of the business and will enjoy the following responsibilities.
- Manage, develop and up-skill the financial operations team that includes the AP, AR and expenses teams and covers 20 staff (6 direct reports).
- Drive the company's month & quarter end processes to ensure timely and accurate production of management information for corporate & other users.
- Manage the overheads (inc. budgets, forecasts & analysis) for cost centres.
- Provide regular / ad hoc cash-flow forecasts, analysis and balance sheet commentary.
- Oversee statutory reporting for all trading entities along with quarterly VAT and payroll reporting.
- Work cross-functionally to improve company-wide processes and controls.
- Various ad hoc projects (e.g. developing analyses, system improvements).
Candidates for the Financial Controller - Operations role must be qualified accountants who:
- Have proven experience of managing and developing teams of people (possibly including managing managers) and demonstrably enjoy such tasks.
- Are strong financial accountants who also understand how to manage cost centres and support non-finance staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to think clearly and simplify complex tasks.
- Are organised, methodical and robust characters who are also calm under pressure.
- Possess excellent attention to detail and are discreet with confidential information.
- Wish to take advantage of the career progression and further opportunities on offer.