Our client is an independently owned media/publishing group with a turnover in excess of £150million and ambitious plans to become the leader in its chosen field.
Due to continued growth they are seeking to hire an experienced Financial Controller to oversee the day-to-day running of the central finance team, which manages the accounting for the the UK group. This role will take hands-on responsibility for the month-end close, managing and developing the finance team, driving key systems and financial process improvements and supporting the Senior Management in general finance control, reporting & compliance for the wider UK group.
You will play a key role in the organisation by working directly with the Group FD to embed a recent Finance Transformation and drive systems and process improvements, developing a best-in-class finance function and a strong financial control environment. You will be hands-on in managing the day-to-day accounting operations of the Central Finance team overseeing 10 staff, taking responsibility for the running of the management accounting function, purchase ledger, sales ledger and payroll teams.
- Direct line management - finance managers/management accountants
- Management accounts responsibility for submission to the Group
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation reviews
- Finance System Transformation and Development - Dynamics 365
- Inventory accounting
- Expenses oversight
- Audit & stat accounts oversight
- Companies House updates & returns
- Group consolidation system reporting
- Payroll oversight
- Cashflow control, banking approvals and cashflow forecasting/reporting
- Financial controls maintenance & improvements
- Responsibility for preparation of monthly management accounts for
- Input and reconciliation of UK group reporting into Group consolidation system
- Identify and implement ways to make optimal use of the new ERP system to drive improvements in the month end close process and management accounts reporting
As a successful candidate, you will be ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified (5 years + PQE) with strong hands-on team management and leadership experience gained within industry, a positive determination to drive systems and financial process improvements in a high-growth organisation and the ability to prioritise and deliver to tight deadlines. You will have previously led teams covering management reporting, financial reporting, financial operations and technical accounting. You will possess strong professional and personal drive and the commitment to produce the highest quality work at all times.