Our client is a leading adverting and creative agency based in the centre of Soho that continues to go from strength to strength. As part of their continued growth they are looking to hire a Financial Controller to join their management team. You will need to have proven expertise in job cost reporting, general financial reporting, and management accounting. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and proactive with an ability to communicate simply to financial and non-financial audiences alike. Also, you will be part of the management team and be involved in company direction and have commercial input.
- You'll play an integral role in delivering the monthly and quarterly reporting, ensuring the team deliver all submissions in a timely and compliant manner and working alongside the FD, CFO and EMEA finance team
- Review monthly revenues, ensuring compliant and accurate reporting, challenging where necessary.
- With the FD, manage the delivery of, in accordance with the Reporting Calendar, the monthly close process, ensuring completeness and integrity of the numbers in the P&L and balance sheet.
- Key participant in the preparation and submission of quarterly and annual financial forecasts and budgets.
- Preparation of statutory reporting, main contact with auditors
- Ownership of the accuracy and timeliness of the financial reporting, partnering with producer teams to ensure that all project reporting is correctly reported in WIP & job costing systems
- Preparation of all UK & France balance sheet reporting - bank reconciliations, prepayments, accruals, fixed asset registers.
- Supporting the Finance Director on managing working capital, preparation of the UK cashflow, and consolidation of group cashflows on a bi-monthly basis to ensure adequate provisioning.
- Proactively managing the operational finance, a team of 3abreast of financial and tax legislation.
- 3+ years PQE (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) or QBE with relevant experience.
- Strong technical knowledge, abreast of current IFRS/GAAP legislation
- Advanced Excel skills (formula, modelling and spreadsheet creation)
- Strong knowledge of other Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook etc)
- Knowledge or and ease of adaptability to financial software