City of London, London
£60000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and benefits
about 1 year ago
02 May 00:00
This commercial Financial Controller role in a renowned FTSE 250 in the City will support the growth of the division and allow someone to truly add value, supporting the strategic direction of the business.
The FC will report directly to the Finance Director in this fast paced, expanding division of a FTSE 250, and will cover FP&A, business partnering and control.
The FC will ensure that the leadership teams understand in detail their full P&Ls and variances to budget, business partnering the leadership team in delivering their objectives.
You will be given the sponsorship and autonomy to add further value to the business in supporting business and process improvements, driving automation and change.
You will also manage and mentor a direct report, hiring more support as needed.
- Produce monthly P&L management accounts and relevant variance analysis (with commentary)
- Monthly forecasting - produce and understand the monthly forecast with the support of the relevant Ops managers
- Produce/review monthly reports including P&Ls, Balance sheet recs, working capital schedules, cash forecasting and monitoring, risks & opportunities etc
- Business planning - work with the business to produce the BP each year
- Minimize the business' working capital requirements by ensuring timely billing of revenue, monitoring overdue debtors, reviewing cash receipts and payments
- Work closely with operations and project management to ensure projects are delivered within budget
- Highlight areas for increased controls, generate business "buy in", and implement the controls as necessary
- Support and challenge operational colleagues, bringing rigour to business decision making
- Develop MI as needed to enable decision making
- Active role in delivering business change initiatives and finance transformation
- Assist the FD and Ops directors in driving forward cost saving initiatives
- Adhere to and drive forward Business unit and Group governance
- Work with offshore team who are responsible for all transactional work
What are we looking for:
- ACA qualified finance leader with some PQE
- Experience navigating through large organisations
- Business Partnering - Ability to interact daily with non-Finance stakeholders at various levels of seniority
- Proactive - Ability to seek out improvements and influence at all levels
- IT - must have strong Excel skills