A Financial Controller is urgently sought by a wholesale business based in North West London. The business operates in a key vertical market and is going through a period of change to ensure that it can take advantage of its long-standing supplier & customer relationships. The business is profitable (on an annual turnover >£10m), has secured significant new investment and is poised for significant future growth. This is a wonderful opportunity for a commercially minded, hands-on individual.
The post of Financial Controller is a newly created role that reports into a recently recruited and particularly high calibre Finance Director. The Financial Controller will manage the day-to-day finance function and duties will include:
- Own / review the month-end close process including weekly KPI reports & management accounts.
- Lead the annual budgeting process; own all aspects of cashflow management.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations at period end; own the sales reporting and invoicing process.
- Develop a strong all-round control environment including key financial policies and procedures.
- Build the capability of the function to support and add value to the business & key stakeholders.
- Reduce manual processing, improve efficiency, drive the implementation of a new ERP system.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of 2 staff.
Applicants for the position of Financial Controller will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
- Easily demonstrate all-round management & financial accounting skills at a granular level.
- Enjoy rolling their sleeves up and see genuine value in ensuring real attention to detail.
- See the benefit in implementing and managing a strong control environment.
- Be adaptable, keen to learn and have a desire to play a lead role in a scaling business.
Salary: c. £55000 - £60000 + 10% bonus