I am recruiting a Financial Controller for a dynamic, growing property development company who put innovation and design at the heart of everything they do in order to deliver distinctive, modern homes in which people want to live. Currently working on 7 diverse developments across London & the South-East, they are in the process of expanding their activities across planned future developments to include rental properties so as to build a large and varied portfolio.
The post of Financial Controller has been created to support the CFO as they bring their remaining financial operations in-house to provide a greater level of financial, commercial & operational support to the business as it continues to grow. The main responsibilities of the Financial Controller include:
- Review the monthly management accounts & commentary to enable better decision making.
- Support the production of the annual financial accounts and all statutory returns on a timely basis; proactively manage the relationship with the auditors, HMRC etc.
- Develop timely and accurate cash flow forecasts; ensure the most appropriate use of debt & equity funding for each development and deliver timely lender reporting where necessary.
- Devise KPIs and other analytical tools to review existing & future projects in real time.
- Prepare budgets & rolling forecasts for costs / revenues; ensure all financial targets are met.
- A range of ad hoc projects to support the needs of a growing business.
The new Financial Controller will:
- Be a fully qualified accountants with at least some PQE, ideally gained in a smaller business.
- Possess prior experience of the property, construction or a related industry.
- Enjoy being involved in the production of accounts as well as operating at Board level.
- Have a desire to leave their desk to understand & contribute across the entire business.
- Thrive in a busy environment where there's a need to work quickly & accurately.
Salary package: £60 000 - £70 000 + 10% bonus + benefits