Financial Controller - Business Unit
To £80,000 + car allowance + benefits
Bracknell / working for home
This £2bn revenue business has experienced rapid growth over the past 5 years, having executed both an organic and multi-acquisitive expansion programme.
Now on an exciting journey to take the business to the next level of development and maturity, this dynamic organisation is seeking to recruit an exceptional Financial Controller for a successful and highly profitable business unit
Managing a team and reporting to the business unit Finance Director, the role includes:
- Ownership of financial and management reporting for the business unit, partnering operational management
- Identifying and driving process improvements, ensuring clear adherence to finance policies
- Stewardship of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting calendar
- Working collaboratively with the operating business to deliver business performance and maintain strong financial control
- Ad hoc report preparation for senior leadership consumption
- Chartered accountant with demonstrable experience of delivering enhanced financial controls across a sizeable business.
- Either still within practice (i.e. Big 4 Senior Manager) and looking for a first move into industry, or an individual who has already made that step.
- Tangible experience of advising senior stakeholders to drive improved business performance
- Demonstrably hands-on approach to overseeing report delivery
- Has effected positive change across a reporting environment, improving an existing finance function (or elements of)
- High degree of emotional intelligence, communication skills and a 'can do' approach to problem solving
- Able to operate within a fast paced and fluid organisation that is growing at a rapid rate
This is rare opportunity for an ambitious individual to genuinely drive change across an enormously exciting, fast paced and successful business. This organisation has an excellent track record for career development and progression and only hires individuals who have the potential and head room to achieve repeated promotions.