Up to £95000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Head of Financial Control / Technically Strong / Financial Reporting Background / Well-Known Media Brand / Central London / c.£95,000
A well-known media group with a strong brand name and exciting plans is looking to strengthen its reporting capability by appointing a high-calibre, technically strong, Head of Financial Control.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, you will take ownership of the group's financial reporting, driving improvements and ensuring maximum value add through strong financial support and rigour. In the first instance this will be a standalone role.
Head of Financial Control Responsibilities:
- Taking ownership for the production of high-quality financial accounts and reports for both monthly internal management and statutory purposes
- Owning the Group consolidation process - under IFRS
- Supporting on the delivery of the Group's budgeting, forecasting and planning processes
- Managing the audit process and interface with the Auditors
- Establishing and embedding reporting frameworks to develop best in class processes
- Full accountability for ensuring robust corporate governance and compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Qualified accountant - ideally a chartered accountant from a 'Top 10' Accounting Practice
- Strong technical background in group financial reporting
- Prior experience of running consolidation processes within industry is essential
- A broad business awareness with a solid understanding of financial and accounting processes
- A confident and pro-active self-starter
- Ability to interact with and develop working relationships internally and externally
- A proactive, forward looking and challenging mindset
You will be comfortable 'rolling up your sleeves' and immersing yourself in the detail. This role requires flexible thinking and a dynamic, innovative approach as new business challenges arise, as well as constantly looking for ways to move existing processes forward.
As a confident self-starter, you will have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and build strong relationships.
If you are interested in this Head of Financial Control role please apply below.