£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + 10% bonus + excellent benefits
about 1 month ago
Assistant Financial Controller - Sports Media - London - £60-65,000 + bonus and excellent benefits
A multinational Sports Media & Entertainment business in London is looking for an experienced finance professional for a leading Financial Controller role.
You will join a high performing and passionate finance team who work with some of the biggest institutions in Football and other Sports globally (Golf, Tennis, Basketball) and report into an experienced Finance Director who has several years of experience in the industry. The culture is non-corporate, meritocratic and nurturing.
This is a broad FC role managing 1 direct report and covering financial and management reporting across all 3 Sports Media businesses of a £1Bn turnover division. The business has great retention and career development, and across the business you can see examples of internal promotion and long-term careers across all of Finance; including the opportunity to move overseas if desired.
This is a one of kind business for ambitious and passionate high-flyers looking for a long term and progressive career in the Sports Media or Entertainment industries!
- Lead role in the preparation of financial statements for various Media entities in the UK, Europe and Africa
- Responsible quarterly financial planning and analysis for overhead costs in Media entities
- Responsible for weekly & yearly cash forecasts with reconciliations
- Participate & assist with the annual audit
- Assist in the preparation and submission of quarterly and yearly reporting & tax packs
- Assist with monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly withholding tax schedules for management accountants
- Responsible for period-end accounting of various companies
- Ad-hoc project work as required within Media companies.
- Point of contact for the offshore shared services team
Essential skills required:
- Qualified Accountant with PQE (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Financial reporting experience in a large business
- Commercial acumen and senior stakeholder management
- A strong interest in Sports or Entertainment would be beneficial
- £60-65,000 salary
- 10% bonus
- 6% pension
- Private medical + dental + vision
- Life insurance + income protection
- Exclusive access to sporting and entertainment events
- Gym subsidy + tons of other benefits