£75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum
10 months ago
29 Sep 00:00
A technically-oriented Financial Controller is required for a rapidly growing private equity-backed leisure group with a strong brand name and impressive reputation within the market. Having achieved great success to date, the business has exciting and ambitious growth plans within the UK and through expansion into new territories.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director this is a newly created role designed to support and facilitate growth. In this business critical leadership role, key responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of the production of high quality financial accounts and reports for the division for both monthly internal management and statutory purposes
- Identifying and driving actions to simplify operational procedures, implement process efficiencies, and establishing and embedding improved reporting frameworks
- Building a 'best in class' transactional accounting function, providing strategic oversight and direction for all transactional accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger
- Maintaining relationships with key internal senior stakeholders
- Full accountability for ensuring robust corporate governance and compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Leading and developing the divisional finance team
The successful candidate will be a hands-on, qualified Chartered Accountant, with a strong technical background and with prior experience of group financial reporting. You will have a proven track record of process improvement and delivering efficiencies within a change environment. Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a team will also be essential. Prior exposure to the travel industry and a fluency in French would be highly beneficial.
A confident self-starter, you will have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and build strong relationships across all levels. You will have the emotional intelligence, credibility and gravitas to challenge current thinking and influence in a positive and constructive manner. With demonstrable drive, enthusiasm and proactivity, you will thrive in a change-oriented and fast paced environment.