Up to £85000 per annum
12 months ago
A technically strong Financial Controller is required for a growing multi-site leisure business with a strong brand name and an impressive track record of growth and financial achievement. Having undergone a significant period of change, the group is looking strengthen its reporting capability by appointing a high-calibre, Financial Controller.
Reporting directly to the CFO, this is a key appointment with broad exposure to senior management. With ownership for all areas of group finance, reporting, process and controls, key responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of the production of high-quality financial accounts and reports for both monthly internal management and statutory purposes
- Driving through best practice by identifying process and controls improvements for financial reporting and then implementing the identified changes
- Building a 'best in class' transactional accounting function, providing strategic oversight and direction for all transactional accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger
- Identifying and driving actions to simplify operational procedures, implement process efficiencies, and establishing and embedding improved reporting frameworks
- Leading, mentoring and developing the finance team
The successful candidate will be a hands-on, qualified accountant, with a strong technical background and with prior experience of group financial reporting. You will have a proven track record of process improvement and delivering efficiencies within a change environment. Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a team will also be essential. Prior experience of operating within a multi-site organisation and owning cashflow management will be key.
You will be comfortable 'rolling up your sleeves' and immersing yourself in the detail. This role requires flexible thinking and a dynamic, innovative approach as new business challenges arise, as well as constantly looking for ways to move existing processes forward.
As a confident self-starter, you will have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and build strong relationships. You will have the credibility and gravitas to challenge current thinking and influence in a positive and constructive manner. With clear enthusiasm and drive you will thrive in a change environment.