Up to £85000 per annum
8 months ago
Digital Consumer Sector
Circa £85,000 + benefits
This is one of the UK's best known digital consumer brands, backed by a progressive PE house and experiencing consistent and sustained YoY double-digit growth.
The time to join is now, with exciting M&A on the agenda, inspirational business leaders joining and multiple capex projects underway to re-enforce a market leading position.
As part of the ongoing growth of the business it is now seeking a dynamic Financial Controller to play a key role in providing financial guidance to the leadership team. Reporting to the CFO and leading an end-to-end financial control team, you will:
- Implement a transparent and rigorous financial control structure, ensuring a 'no surprises' reporting environment
- Manage the month-end process and reporting cycles, including forecasts and monthly management information
- Drive improved yet simplified data insight through the organisation, partnering business heads where necessary and helping to facilitate a transparent understanding of business performance
- Deliver improved management information and developing new reports and models that are appropriate for non-finance stakeholder consumption
- Provide insight, analysis and recommendations in relation to performance assessment and improvement, financial sustainability, and investment cases.
- Take the existing financial function and continue the automation and simplification of the structure
- Oversee the consolidation of the monthly/annual results
- Provide ongoing risk and opportunity assessments of the business, including full accountability for ensuring robust corporate governance and compliance and ensuring readiness for future corporate activity, i.e. acquisitions or divestments
- Coach and develop the team, ensuring clarity of purpose, development plans are in place and a collaborative and supportive team environment is sustained
As a highly credible finance professional with impressive levels of gravitas, intellectual horsepower and technical accounting knowledge, you will have demonstrable experience of owning an end-to-end finance function, having successfully implemented a best practice financial control environment.
With a natural hands-on approach to a rapid growth environment, you will easily demonstrate the skills and behaviours to operate at ground level in a shirt sleeves rolled up capacity and simultaneously able to provide high level guidance and leadership.
Whilst experience of working within a PE backed environment would be preferred, to be successful in this role you must have experience of working within a creative and dynamically changing, fast paced and agile business where you will have coached a team to enhanced performance and executed measurable business improvement.
Personality and behaviours are a key element for the successful candidate. Humility, business acumen, first class communication skills, attention to detail and a confidence in your own ability are pre-requisite if you are to excel within this dynamic, fast paced and exhilarating environment.