Up to £85000 per annum
29 days ago
Our client is an entrepreneurial, international, luxury leisure group with a unique customer offering and strong position in the market. The business has achieved great success to date and has exciting growth plans.
To support and facilitate this growth, the business is now looking to recruit a high calibre, commercially-oriented Financial Controller to take full accountability for running all aspects of the finance function. With significant exposure to senior management, key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a strong business partner to the CEO and broader management team, supporting commercial and operational decision-making across the organisation
- Taking ownership of the production of high-quality financial accounts and reports for both monthly internal management and statutory purposes
- Ensuring appropriate structures are in place to service the business, maintain tight control, drive continuous improvement, best practice and efficiencies
- Managing budgeting, forecasting and planning process, delivering improved management information and developing new reports and models as appropriate
- Analysing new and existing business initiatives, challenging assumptions and highlighting any risks and opportunities - including new site acquisitions, competitor and market analysis, marketing initiatives and supply chain / procurement processes
The successful candidate will be a 'hands on' qualified accountant with proven experience of operating in a fast paced, multi-site, consumer focussed environment. You will be comfortable dealing with the complexity of multiple revenue streams. Prior experience of working within a growing SME would be highly desirable.
A confident and pro-active self-starter, you will be comfortable contributing to high-level strategic decision making whilst being able to 'roll up your sleeves' and get into the detail. With exceptional communication skills, you will have the credibility and gravitas to work effectively with both finance and non-finance teams. You will have a commercial mind set, and the emotional intelligence to challenge current thinking and influence in a positive and constructive manner. The successful candidate will demonstrate visible drive and enthusiasm and will thrive in a change oriented and dynamic environment.