Financial Analyst, M&A
£60-65k + bonus + benefits
Exclusive role: Our client is an ambitious and highly acquisitive Energy Distribution business - one of the fastest growing businesses in its sector within the UK - with brand new central London offices.
The Financial Analyst position is an integral role within a small operating business (currently c.200 staff in total) that will provide exposure to both key internal and external institutional stakeholders as well as a broad strategic perspective of the firm's direction and plans within a dynamic and fast-maturing sector.
This role would suit an ACA qualified individual from a top firm with genuine commercial acumen - a background in Transaction Services / M&A / Financial Due Diligence or Advisory would be particularly advantageous.
As Financial Analyst, key responsibilities include:
- Scenario analysis modelling - preparing financial models for scenarios including economic appraisal of competing projects
- Investment analysis - preparation of financial and commercial analysis to support due diligence processes as well as a wider acquisition strategy
- Preparation of adhoc analysis for specific commercial issues - evaluate complex business issues and decisions including economic and commercial analysis
- Compilation of presentations and papers for decision making - prepare high quality papers which are user focused, clear and understandable to enable senior management and board decision making
- Long term strategic analysis - evaluate the financial and commercial impact of changes to the commodity and energy markets as well as the regulatory and political landscape on generation assets
- Opportunities to work with the Corporate Finance team to support multiple M&A projects
- ACA Qualified
- Highly analytical and naturally inquisitive
- Transaction Services / M&A / FDD / Advisory experience advantageous
- High quality presentational output and attention to detail
- An interest in Power BI (not essential)
- 15% bonus
- Private medical cover
- Hybrid working model
- Opportunities to progress quickly!