Cedar is currently partnered with a listed data management business to secure an Interim Financial Accounting Manager in Central London. The role is a 3-month initial contract with the view to extend, paying a day rate between £400 - £500 per day and they operate a remote model with the view of being able to go into the office if and when required on an adhoc basis.
This historic business has an impressive legacy, and a recognisable brand name. They have an enviable reputation in the market and have a very impressive growth story. They are an easily recognised brand name, with an extensive list of commercial partners.
- As Interim Financial Accounting Manager, you will cover:
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, in accordance with UK GAAP or IFRS standards.
- Manage and supervise the GL team's daily operations, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of journal entries, reconciliations, and general ledger maintenance.
- Coordinate month-end and year-end closing procedures, ensuring timely completion of tasks, reconciliation of accounts, and submission of financial reports.
- Prepare documentation and schedules for internal and external audits, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and providing necessary support during audits.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and automation within the GL team, enhancing efficiency, accuracy, and control.
- Establish and maintain strong internal controls to safeguard financial assets and ensure compliance with company policies and regulations.
- Stay updated on accounting standards and regulations applicable to the UK, providing guidance to the team on complex accounting issues.
- Provide mentorship, training, and performance evaluations for GL team members, fostering their professional development and growth.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Tax, Treasury, and FP&A to ensure accurate and seamless flow of financial information.
- Monitor cash flow, ensuring proper cash position, efficient fund allocation, and timely payments.
- Generate ad hoc financial reports and analyses as required by senior management to support decision-making.
- Ensure compliance with relevant tax laws, financial regulations, and industry standards in the UK.
You will ideally have:
- A formal accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA/CIMA/CA)·
- Previous experience with IFRS reporting, liaising with external audits.
- Experience within a Listed (PLC) environment.
- Experience of managing relationships and working closely with other departments
- The rate of £400-500 per day represents a fair value, or logical increase on your previous salary or day rate.
Compensation & Benefits
As well as the day rate of £450-500 per day, the role offers exposure to an impressive, commercially minded team, building out a world-class finance function.
Their Central London location is easily accessible by multiple transport routes.
The business is progressive in their approach to flexible working, so would be happy with someone undertake the role 99% remotely.