£300 - £325 per hour
11 days ago
A Not-For-Profit organisation is currently looking to appoint a Financial Accountant (Treasury/Tax) to take ownership of the Treasury and Tax elements of the organisation and to support them during their busiest time of the year. This is a 6 month contract on a day rate with the opportunity for a permanent position.
This is an extremely exciting yet challenging role for an interim Financial Accountant (Treasury/Tax) to support a busy team.
Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Take full ownership over live and dormant bank accounts (30+)
- Close dormant bank accounts when needed
- Investigate and resolve bank discrepancies
- Key contact for the organisation when speaking to the banks
- Assist in the preparation of the group annual report (including disclosures)
- Operate controls effectively
- Manage the completion of the UK entity Corporation Tax
- Calculate tax payments on account and the tax charge for the budgeting and forecasting processes throughout the year
- Completion and submission of VAT returns
- Assisting with the preparation of disclosures for inclusion in Statutory accounts to ensure the validity and completeness of the financial information
- Support the rest of the Financial Accounts team during busy periods
You will be a fully qualified accountant with extensive Treasury experience. You will need to be hands on and have a pro-active mindset. You will be initially working from home (WFH).
You will need excellent communication skills and technical skills.