£55000 - £58000 per annum + bonus and excellent benefits
3 months ago
Financial Accountant - Sports Media - London - £55,000 + bonus and excellent employee benefits
A multinational Sports Media & Entertainment business in London is looking for a recently qualified finance professional for a key Financial Accountant position.
This is a broad revenue focused role, covering financial and management reporting across 3 divisions of the business, and for a high achiever you have a real chance to fast track your career. The business has great retention and career development, and across the business you can see examples of rapid internal promotion and long-term careers across all of Finance; including the opportunity to move overseas if desired.
You will join a high performing and passionate team, and report into an experienced Financial Controller who has several years of experience in the industry. The culture is non-corporate, meritocratic and nurturing.
This is a business for ambitious and passionate high-flyers looking for a long term and progressive career in the Sports or Media industry!
Financial reporting & Analysis responsibilities:
- Manage the review process through to sign off, for all internal revenue recognition documentation, which requires a sound understanding of US GAAP
- Play a key role in achieving controllership goals & objectives, with specific reference to Internal controls & compliance
- Responsible for period end accounting including preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Quarterly cash forecasting with reconciliations
- Preparation and calculation of quarterly and yearly WHT computations
- Preparation and submission of stat accounts for Danish and UK entities
Essential skills required:
- Recently Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Technical knowledge of internal controls or US GAAP
- Commercial acumen and senior stakeholder management
- A strong interest in Sports or Media & Entertainment is beneficial!