City of London, London
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
9 days ago
A young and ambitious Fintech business in the City with double digit growth has a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant seeking a hands on role in a young FinTech business.
This fast-paced UK Fintech business has a UK wide and international presence. They have partnered with some big names in their sector both in the UK and abroad and are constantly innovating and developing new products and services.
This meaty senior Financial Accountant role will report into the Group Financial Controller, supporting the growth of the business and Finance function, driving business improvements and taking ownership for a mixture of financial and management accounts.
The business operates a collaborative open plan environment, where senior management are approachable, and there is scope to take on added responsibilities and get stuck in to new projects.
Responsibilities in this role:
- Production of accurate and timely monthly management accounts for UK and Australian subsidiaries. This includes: income calculations; interest calculations; review of work prepared by others; balance sheet reconciliations; intercompany reconciliations.
- Preparation of VAT returns for UK and Australian subsidiaries
- Assistance with year-end audit
- Preparation of semi-weekly cashflows
- Take part in payment approval process
- Assist with control and process efficiency improvements across the business
- Assist with new ERP and other system implementations which are in the pipeline
- Provide cover for payroll preparation when required
- Assist other members of the finance team as appropriate
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Recently qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Strong excel and technical accounting skills
- Hands-on, flexible approach to work in a young SME
- Good Communication and organisation skills
- Ability to travel occasionally to other sites - with all travel and expenses paid for!