Cedar have partnered with a medical charity based in North West London who are looking for a proactive and experienced Interim Financial Accountant to join their very busy team.
The role is for an initial 6 month fixed term contract focusing on year-end for 2021/22 accounts, its audit and production of the annual report and key financial statements along with the supporting notes to the accounts.
- Oversee the monthly accounting calendar and period closure
- Supporting financial accounting, production of statutory and annual account
- Support the external audit and year-end accounts production process
- Play a lead role in ensuring the integrity of the charity's financial accounts
- Support the monthly management accounting process, forecasts and variance analysis
- Support the financial planning and budgeting process
- Month-end processing
- Audit deliverables
- Preparation of the accounts and notes templates, populating these with the production of trial balance
- Year-end balance sheet reconciliations
- Accruals and prepayments
- QBE or part qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- MUST HAVE extensive experience of financial accounting, oversight of the year-end process, delivering for external audit expectations
- Experience of accounting for financial investments, realised and unrealised gains/losses, reconciliation of investments, preparation for year-end reporting and audit.
- Experience of charity finances and knowledge of Charity SORP - advantageous
- Experience of development and implementing financial policies, procedures and processes, financial control in a complex business environment.
- Experience of system accounting and process improvement.
- Able to work with large volumes of data, reconciliations and analysis
- An advanced Excel user (may be tested)
- To be highly proficient in using accounting systems - Sage 50 Azure would be advantageous
- To have good grasp of chart of accounts and utilising these for reporting
You will need to be immediately available or on a maximum two week notice period to be considered for this role.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.