Financial Accountant - Retail - Hertfordshire - £55k + incredible benefits package
A well-known and market leading FTSE listed, Consumer Retail business are currently looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team.
The opportunity to join a large and diverse Finance team that thrive through new business growth, partnering with technology as a key in being able to produce strategic profitability and financial gain. The operational leadership drive business strategy and growth, compromising of finance, accounting, corporate strategy & development that support and enhance business operating efficiencies.
Being able to thrive in a dynamic Finance team that support a collaborative, fast paced work environment with a vibrant culture.
You will need strong knowledge of accounting standards IFRS/FRS 101 and month-end reporting, a passion for improving and simplifying processes, and the desire to grow and progress in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Participate in the month and quarter end close process, whilst being able to lead in the year end process for the accounting department and being able to manage audit queries swiftly.
- Ensuring financial accounting is aligned to IFRS accounting standards and ability to convert from local accounting practises where required, whilst participating in the compilation of company policies, procedures and guidelines to help improve processes and internal controls
- Provide accurate numbers and financial analysis for all disclosures in the annual report and statutory accounts
- Working closely with Commercial Finance and building relationships with Finance Business Partners to help quickly resolve financial queries in order to meet reporting requirements, including understanding the budget/forecast for appropriate areas and attending stakeholder meetings when needed
- Supporting projects and ad-hoc analysis to create informative business decisions. Aid internal customers in compiling financial information whilst providing technical advise and analytical support
- Working collaboratively to building and developing a high performing team
To be successful in this role you will need:
- An accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- A good understanding of financial reporting and month-end
- Exposure to senior stakeholders in large companies
- Candidates coming straight from an accountancy practice with accounts prep experience will also be considered