Financial Accountant - Consumer Retail - Hertfordshire - £55k + big corporate benefits package
A market leading and high-growth Consumer Retail business has a newly created opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join their HQ in Hertfordshire.
They have a fast-paced buzzing work environment, a collaborative, lively culture ideally suited to an outgoing person who is hungry to learn, and keen to build relationships across the business.
You will be joining a large and dynamic Commercial Accounting team that drives business growth and profitability through strategic, financial and operational leadership. The team is comprised of finance, accounting, corporate strategy & commercial finance that support and enhance the businesses operating efficiencies.
You will need strong knowledge of accounting standards IFRS/FRS 101 and month-end reporting, a passion for improving and simplifying processes, and the desire to grow and progress in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Participate in the month and quarter end close process and related responsibilities for the accounting department including reviewing other team members' work. Records, classifies and summarises financial transactions and events in accordance with IFRS.
- Provide accurate numbers and financial analysis for all disclosures in the annual report and statutory accounts
- Participate in the compilation of policies, procedures and guidelines over areas of responsibility, looking to improve processes and internal controls
- Partnering closely with Commercial Finance, including understanding the budget/forecast for the relevant area(s) in detail and attending stakeholder meetings as and when required
- Liaising with the local and international commercial teams where appropriate to promote consistency and accuracy
- Various project and ad-hoc analysis to support business decisions. Aid internal customers in compiling financial information; provide technical advice and analytical support
- Contribute to building and developing a high performing and engaged team
To be successful in this role you will need:
- An accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- A good understanding of financial statements / accounting for large, complex organisations
- Exposure to senior stakeholders in large companies
- Candidates coming straight from an accountancy practice with accounts prep experience will also be considered