£50000 - £55000 per annum
20 days ago
A market leading and high-growth FTSE listed Consumer Technology business has an opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join their team on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract £50-55k based in London/Hertfordshire
- Participate in the month and quarter end close process and related responsibilities for the accounting department including reviewing other team member's work.
- Recording, classifying, and summarizing financial transactions and events in accordance with IFRS.
- Providing financial analysis for all disclosures in the annual report and statutory accounts
- Compilation of policies, procedures and guidelines over areas of responsibility, looking to improve processes and internal controls
- Partnering closely with Commercial Finance, including understanding the budget/forecast for the relevant area(s) in detail and attending stakeholder meetings as and when required
- Liaising with the local and international commercial teams
- Various project and ad hoc analysis to support business decisions. Aiding internal customers in compiling financial information; providing technical advice and analytic support
Key Candidate requirements:
- An Accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- A good understanding of financial reporting and month-end
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards IFRS/FRS 101
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build key stakeholder relationships with both finance and non - finance professionals.
- Effectively be able to manage tight workload and deadlines.