City of London, London
£200.00 - £280.00 per day
about 1 month ago
A highly motivated, resilient and hard-working Financial Accountant is required for growing multi-site leisure business with a strong brand name and an impressive track record of growth and financial achievement. Having undergone a significant period of change, the group is looking to expand within head office by appointing a trustworthy, high-calibre, Financial Accountant.
This role will be initially a temporary position until the end of January - However given the growth of the business this role may go Permanent.
This role will report directly to the Finance Manager, this role is key for supporting accounting, compliance and reporting requirements for the company. As Financial Accountant you will be expected to work closely with all functions of the business.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Help assist with month and year end
- Review P&L's
- Work with both external and internal auditors, managing the year end audit process.
- Prepare year end accounts (For both consolidation and statutory accounts)
- Work closely with financial transformation in order to ensure top results from processes and financial control.
- Prepare Government returns to deadlines.
- Prepare VAT,PAYE returns.
- Building a 'best in class' transactional accounting function, providing strategic oversight and direction for all transactional accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger
- Identifying and driving actions to simplify operational procedures, implement process efficiencies, and establishing and embedding improved reporting frameworks
- Leading, mentoring and developing the finance team
- Accounting experience within Hospitality, Retail, Leisure etc are highly desired with Multi-site experience.
- Actively studying or fully qualified.
- Outgoing, positive and resilient personality with a "can-do" attitude.
- Proficient using Excel (V Look Up, Pivot Tables)
- Sage 200
- 3+ years Accounting experience
As a confident self-starter, you will be comfortable 'rolling up your sleeves' and immersing yourself in the detail. This role requires flexible thinking and a dynamic, innovative approach as new business challenges arise. With clear enthusiasm and drive you will thrive in a change environment.
You will have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and build strong relationships. Additionally you will have the credibility and gravitas to challenge current thinking and influence in a positive and constructive manner.