£50000 - £55000 per annum + Additional Benefits
7 months ago
A rapidly developing Not-For-Profit player in the Social Housing market are seeking to appoint an experienced Financial Accountant.
As Financial Accountant you will lead the technical accounting function across the Group, ensuring effective controls are implemented and all relevant compliance and regulatory requirements are met. Duties will include:
- Implement and manage an efficient and customer-focused accounting service covering all areas of financial accounting across the Group.
- Ensure technical strength and rigour throughout the team and manage the monthend and year-end close processes.
- Maintain and document a strong and operationally suitable set of financial controls and instil a culture of compliance and control within the team
- Manage regulatory compliance requirements, including tax returns, asset and liability registers, ensuring data is accurate and auditable.
- Manage external and internal audit operations with a focus on quality, assurance, and timely production of data.
- Build a culture of continual improvement within the Finance team, measuring and monitoring performance and taking responsibility for the overall quality of output of the team.
- Deliver training and act as a mentor to junior members of the team, in particular supporting technical development across the directorate.
- Advocate excellence within Finance and across the organisation.
- Work collaboratively with other Finance Managers to achieve the overall aims of the directorate.
You will be:
- Qualified (ACCA/ACA)
- Excellent communicator, confident leading and managing a team
- Capable of implementing and upkeeping strict financial controls
- Experience in the NFP sector is desirable