Up to £60000 per annum + 15% bonus + benefits
about 1 month ago
Are you a qualified accountant looking for an entry point into the music industry? A Finance Reporting & Planning Manager is sought by a division of one of the world's major music companies; they are home to some of the globe's best known artists and possess a huge back catalogue of instantly recognisable music as well as operating other businesses designed to help aspiring artists take their music to a wider audience. They are growing and are looking for a bright, driven Finance Reporting & Planning Manager to join them.
The Finance Reporting & Planning Manager will report to the Regional Finance Director and will support the company's publishing operations by providing reporting, planning and other commercial information. Specific duties include:
- Produce monthly reporting for main UK and various European trading entities.
- Prepare annual budget & monthly re-forecasts for UK and European entities.
- Develop and build models to calculate IRR / assess viability of proposed or new A&R deals.
- Perform royalty reconciliations and reviews to ensure all artist revenues are accounted correctly.
- Support the preparation of UK statutory accounts for trading & non-trading companies.
- Offer analytical / decision support to new & recurring business propositions; ad hoc projects.
The ideal candidate for the post of Finance Reporting & Planning Manager will possess:
- an accountancy qualification (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) and experience of working in industry.
- knowledge of US GAAP in addition to experience of monthly reporting.
- strong analytical skills and the ability to analyse large volumes of data to draw conclusions.
- excellent interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to deal with a range of stakeholders.
- an interest in developing a career in the music industry.