£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
16 days ago
Looking to join a young high-growth start-up?
This is a real number 1 Finance Manager role with a wide remit, where you can truly help grow a young entrepreneurial business in the sports betting sector!
The purpose of this role is to support the business in providing best in class financial information, cash flow management, controls and processes. In providing these services the business will be assured of a firm foundation on which to build upon, and will allow you to build and lead this newly created finance team.
The culture fit is key for this role in a start-up company. This role would ideally suit someone with strong management accounting knowledge, who is keen to join a buzzing entrepreneurial start-up environment as the Finance Manager reporting into the MD. You will need to fit well in a fast-paced dynamic business and will go the extra mile to ensure deadlines are met.
The role will require the individual to be flexible in their approach to meeting competing priorities, to take responsibility for managing their own workload and to be comfortable communicating at all levels including the owners - who are high net-worth individuals with a lot of knowledge and experience of the sports betting industry.
Key responsibilities as the Finance Manager:
- Build, motivate and lead the business' finance team
- Preparation of management accounts and other reports up to director level
- Bank and trading account reconciliations
- Cash flow planning for trading and corporate requirements
- Maintenance of general ledger and balance sheet reconciliations
- Management of sales and purchase ledgers to include payment authorisations
- Manage relationships with external suppliers of services including statutory accounting, tax preparation, auditing, payroll, banking and other financial needs as necessary
- Project management, process improvement & documentation
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- A genuine interest in joining a real start-up and building a finance function
- An accountancy qualification is essential (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA)
- A 'can do' attitude with willingness to get involved, learn and develop
- IT literate with a strong understanding of excel being essential
- A keen interest in sports or sports betting would be beneficial!
- Discretionary bonus
- Health insurance
- Gym membership
- 25 days holiday